Friday, February 3, 2012

80th Entry! Holy Smokes!

Who would have thought I could stick to something this long?  I have blogged every single card I've received for almost a year now!  February 16th is the year anniversary of my beloved Postcard Playground!  Still going strong and I still adore every postcard I send and receive.  It has been such a rewarding and blessed part of my life.  I'm so happy to have made friends and connected with so many beautiful people from all over the world!  It's truly amazing.  

I am still astonished and overwhelmed when I receive a card from somewhere on the opposite side of the world.  Sometimes it is very difficult to see beyond my little mundane part of the planet Earth here in Ohio but Postcrossing has opened my eyes and heart to cultures and places I could never even dream of before!  I know I'll never be able to afford the time and money to visit Russia or Taiwan or Finland, but through this awesome hobby of postcard exchange I can get a sense of what life is like there, how it looks and how it feels!  Amazing.  Okay, enough babbling and gushing... here are the cards I've received recently...

I received this one on January 31st from Inverness, Florida... US-1511757...  awesome.  I love art cards and there is a Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida that holds this cool work of art... "The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory", 1952-54.  


Cute, cute penguins!  Send via direct swap from England... received February 1, 2012...


Sent from Nashville, Tennessee via direct swap and received on February 1, 2012... super cool...

Another direct swap, this one from Seattle, Washington and it's a really super cool one!  It's all puffy and plastic on the front and I love it!  Lighthouses!



TTFN
~Ang~

1 comment: