Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hoarding Can Be Fun!

Received this in my work email this morning and it's beautiful...
"This is the beginning of a new day.  You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind.. let it be something good."

I'm such a greedy postcard hoarder I almost bought more postcards online today!  I waited for my husband to leave the house... then I tiptoed to the computer... then, making sure no one was looking, I clicked the link to PostcardStop.  You see, I knew very well that there were some new Ohio postcards in her listings that I just had to have!  There are some great lighthouse ones and I need some of the Air Force museum down in Dayton because there are always military folks who would like those in the mail from Postcrossing.  I created a whole order consisting of $37 worth of cards depicting lighthouses, ballparks, and airplanes.  Then I looked up at my hundreds of cards that I already have to send.  I thought of the propane bill that I need to pay and the taxes.  Then I clicked the little red "X" in the corner of the screen like a very good girl.  

Besides, I had just spent over $100 on stamps so that should make me happy.  :o)  Oh yes, it does!!

I look at it like this:  I don't drink.  I don't smoke.  I don't go shopping every chance I get (unless there are postcards for sale).  I don't own 50 pairs of shoes.  I don't go out to eat.  I work hard 40+ hours a week!  Postcrossing is my hobby and I love it.  It's not so terrible to spend the extra money on it, especially since it's not just me enjoying it - the person on the other end of the postcard is benefiting too!  My kids love to see the cards.  Hubby feigns interest now and then even!  So that's how I justify it.  I'M WORTH IT!

Speaking of which, my poor dear youngest HoneyBear is sick.  She's fighting a fever and is still smiling, even though I know she feels rotten.  I just gave her some Children's Tylenol, a cool cloth for her forehead, and tucked her in on the sofa in front of SpongeBob SquarePants.  She could watch SpongeBob for hours.  (So could I - LOL!)

Another winter storm is hitting us tonight.  Sent hubby to the grocery store to buy what's on our list.  I'll made chili tonight.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I did catch up on my postcards last night - I mailed off 33 of them this morning!  I just requested 10 more addresses for Mama-Bear today.  Going to write those tonight and a few swaps to postcard pals.  *Sigh*  Life is good! 

I received these today...

Lovely watermill in the the village of Eibergen, the Netherlands.  "Mallumse Watermolen te Eibergen."
(NL-565980)



The Hundertwasser-Haus located in Vienna, Austria.  This is an apartment building built by the artist, Hundertwasser!  It would be weird to live there, huh?  This card was sent via Germany.  (DE-830006)



Have fun!
~Ang~


No comments:

Post a Comment