Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Soggy Mail

It's tornado season here in Ohio.  This means torrential rain, crazy wind, hail, thunder, lightning, the occasional tornado, but worst of all... soggy mail!  Oh the humanity!  My poor wet postcards! 

Seriously though, today was one of those nervous, anxious days of watching the weather radars because we had a tornado watch and warning... again.  This is bad because tornados are deadly here in Ohio just like all through "Tornado Alley" in the US.  Last year 8 people died in a tornado that went through less than a mile from my home.  We were not here at the time so thank goodness. 

The first 3 cards were received yesterday, May 24th, so they stayed nice and dry...

DE-918983 - What a beautiful photo of the castle in Braunschweig, Germany!!  It scanned so well too... I love it when that happens.  :o)



The John Lennon Memorial in New York City, New York.  This is not a postcard but a regular card I received yesterday as a direct swap from England.  I include it because I love John Lennon!  :o)  Do I need another reason?



Private swap from Russia... Cutie Bear!! 



And now the soggy cards received today, May 25, 2011...

DE-917592... the text says "One of the bathing people is completely naked since his swimsuit is gone.  Do you spot him?"  This is the cutest card ever!  I loved looking at all the little characters on it. 



US-1090699... The College Farm at Warren Wilson College in Asheville, North Carolina... darling piggy tails!  Isn't the US Postal Service nice to let this come to me without the extra penny?  Postcards cost 29 cents to mail now.  Booooo!



Good

No comments:

Post a Comment