Friday, June 24, 2011

Eight for June 24th!

I've said it before - Postcrossing for me is feast or famine!  I have gone several days receiving nothing at all in the mail except a stray bill here and there and don't I want to switch to Direct TV?  How about ordering some useless junk from Junk Furnishings Are Us?  But today, FINALLY, I received not one, but EIGHT cards!  Woohoo!  I'm the Queen, please worship me now.  :o)

Here's a direct swap from my dear friend in California...



Another direct swap from a sweetie pie in Tostedt, Germany...



BY-196043, art card from Belarus and I wish I could read Belarussian so I could know who the artist is.  I can't even search the computer since they have all the different looking letters.  It seems like a hard language.  I greatly admire all these people who are able to speak multiple languages.  I can only minimally read Spanish and French.  It's a great card... 


ES-120118 Ciutat de les Arts i de les Ciencies in Valencia, Spain.  Perfect example of my simple Spanish skills!  I can tell that says "Center of the Arts and Sciences".  Interesting buildings!  This Postcrosser says Valencia is the best city in Spain!  :o)  I would love to visit Spain someday. 


SK-14478 - Bratislava, Slovakia... A panoramic view of Bratislava's Old Town with castle, below is the Presidential Palace.  Pretty!


IT-137963 - La rocca di Acicastello.  Very cool.  The Acicastello Castle was built in 1071 by Normann who conquered Sicily. 


US-1174324 - Tybee Lighthouse, originally built in the 1730s.  It continues to guide mariners from its 5-acre site at the mouth of the Savanna River, Georgia.  I love it!  Art by Sterling Everett.



Wow - saved the best for last... NL-686068 - a beautiful handmade card by Dorine from the Netherlands!  Those are beads and strings!  I'm so happy it made it through the mail system intact.  The envelope was very scruffy looking but the card is perfect.  I love it!



Later Gator!
~Ang~

No comments:

Post a Comment