Sunday, June 19, 2011

Soo Saad...

I am mourning the loss of Clarence Clemons this evening.  He died tonight at the age of 69 from complications of a stroke.  He was the sax man for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, my teenage favorites.  I still know all the lyrics to those old songs from the 70s!  They played "Jungleland", "Backstreets", and "Born To Run" while I was driving in the car tonight.  RIP Big Man - I'll miss you!

Mourning the emptiness of Father's Day for me, having lost my father and father-in-law in 2009.  I love and miss them everyday.  They were gone too soon.  Of course, I celebrate my lovely husband, father of our 5 darling daughters!  He is the love of my life and my best friend.  He deserves a happy Father's Day!

And now the postcards...
I'm so sad also because while I was searching around in a bag today I found 2 postcards I never registered.  They were buried in a cell phone bag with a phone bill and some store ads from March 2010!  I was stunned and full of sorrow because they cannot be registered after a year has gone by.  Also, one of them is from a Postcrosser who is no longer active and the helpers at Postcrossing didn't reveal their ID name.  :o(  I feel so awful!  I must have gotten my cell phones home and completely forgot that mail in the bag, then tucked the bag away in the drawer where it waited over a year for me to pick it up!  Tragic.  I would hate for that to have been a card I sent to someone.  That's why I contacted Postcrossing so I could send them a few cards to make up for my idiocy.  The second card (from Brazil) had the Postcrosser's name on it so I easily found her with the search tool and sent her a message already.  I'm waiting to see what she says.  I apologized and asked for her address. 

Anyway, here is the first card (DE-528509) from Nina in Munich, Germany.  I'm sorry Nina wherever you are today, 15 months later!  And it's a completely AWESOME card - how could I have forgotten it?  Check it out... it's one of the best ones I've ever gotten since I adore classic rock and the Beatles... 



BR-95071 received 15 months ago from Andrea in Brazil... another great card from one of my favorite subjects... it's Barra's Lighthouse (Farol da Barra) and even had a polar bear stamp!!  OMG!  Again, how could I have forgotten it??  Terrible.



Received last Friday, June 17, 2011... FI-1116571, cute Pussy Willow Girl by Helene Schjerfbeck "Pajunkissatytto", 1886...



Received June 17th also, PL-221192, Stanislaw Wyspianski (1869-1907) "A view of the Kosciuszko Mound from the atelier window on a fine winter day."



TOTORO!!!!  I love him!  He's beyond adorable!  We have the movie, "My Neighbor Totoro", as well as every other Myazaki animation movie and love it like crazy.  A friend I met at the Michigan Postcrossing Meetup sent this to me and my oldest daughter after we struck up conversation about our mutual love of anime.  :o)  So very cool...

Until next time my friend
~Ang~

No comments:

Post a Comment