Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday, April 15, 2011

I have it figured out - why I don't receive any postcards at all for days and then all of a sudden in one day I get a huge pile of them. 

My post office is hoarding them, passing them around, admiring them, wishing they were me, wishing they could visit such beautiful, interesting places around the world.  Then, when they are all done looking at them and reading them, they deliver them to my mailbox.  It's a conspiracy!  :o) 

I have not received any cards in the past 3 days and even one day there was no mail at all!  Today I received 4 cards in the mail, all official Postcrossing cards.  It is just so fishy to me.  No cards for days and then 4?  It's becoming a pattern! 

In fact, I wish and hope all the postal workers who come into contact with Postcrossing cards look at them, read them, enjoy them as much as I do!  I gladly share them.  It's a beautiful thing - making friends with strangers around the world through postcards!  How can I keep it to myself? 

I received four really beautiful cards today! 
NL-617011 from the Netherlands... the famous wooden shoes.  The sender says some farmers still wear wooden shoes!  I can't imagine the discomfort they go through for tradition's sake!  Photograph by Kees Winkelman, Amsterdam, "Klompen", 2009


US-1078679 - from Missouri.  Branson is a huge tourist destination known for its stage shows. 



IT-124393 - "An oasis of peace."  So beautiful!!



DE-887783 (Germany) Very pretty photo!  I love it.  Great stamps too - a lovely spring flower garden of stamps!



See ya next time!
~Ang~

No comments:

Post a Comment