Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Importance of Staying On Top of Things... (April 9, 2011)

These are the cards I've received in the past 3 days... all 18 of them!  Wow!  I received A LOT of private swaps and some official Postcrossing cards too. 

I received these first 4 on April 6th - they are from Adina in Romania - I love her and her cards!  Cute polar bear card says, "Dreaming of You..."


The town of Eforie, a holiday resort on the Black Sea shore...


Views of the Carpathian Mountains in Romania... Taul Portu Lake, "Babele" (The Old Woman) - a rock formation, and "Creasta Cocosului" (Cock's Comb) - a volcanic mountain chain...




I received these next 5 on April 7th...

Private swap from Carmen in Seattle...


CA-159174 from the province of Ontario, Canada... I really want to believe too!  What do you think?


(TW-280305) Very cool card from Kaohsiung City - the second capital of Taiwan... showing some of the city's landmarks... I love those stamps and postmark!



Private swap from Nova Scotia, Canada by way of Connecticut...



(RU-379416) Dvorzovaya Winter Palace and square with the Alexander Column ... looked this up on Wikipedia which says... "The earliest and most celebrated building on the square is the baroque white-and-azure Winter Palace of Russian tsars (1754-62), which gave the square its name...
The centre of the square is marked with the Alexander Column (1830-34), designed by Auguste de Montferrand. This red granite column (the tallest of its kind in the world) is 47,5 metres high and weighs some 500 tons. It is set so well that no attachment to the base is needed."  Beautiful!



Received the next 9 cards April 8, 2011...

NL-609776 from the Netherlands... I am quite the fan of Sesame Street, having 2 preschool children at home! 



DE-879877 from northern Germany "Abendstimmung am Strand" ... so lovely!



US-1071540 from Long Beach, Washington.  I'm not sure what it is, some kind of plant?  But it's really cool.  An original photograph from the sender all rights reserved by Laura Cadinha. 


The next 4 are beautiful private swaps from Russia...
Moscow, Kremlin Star atop the Kremlin tower...


Lighthouse at cape Devil's Nose, Lake Onega... I love it!  I love the coloring of it, especially the sky.  It sort of looks like a painting.  The back of the card says "PhotoFabrique".


Beloved polar bears, Mama Bear and her darling cubs at the Moscow Zoo...


Lighthouse at the sea port of Murmansk City on the Kola Bay of Barents Sea... did I mention I LOVE LOVE LOVE lighthouses?  I really do.  This is a great one. 



The next 2 are private swaps from New Zealand.  I find it hilarious that all of my much-awaited private swaps arrived at my mailbox on the same day!  I really love them, especially these views of New Zealand!  Wow! 





Finally at the end.  I'm a little sad now.  :o(  I can't wait to see what my dear mail lady will deliver today!!  It's now 5:05 a.m. and I think I'll have another cup of coffee and head in to watch the early news.  This weekend promises to be the first really warm weekend of the year - hopefully without rain!  I will take a nice walk with my husband and our girls at our local park, Oak Openings.  Maybe we'll see some deer!  We usually do, actually, and the girls (and dogs) love it! 

Love and Peace,
Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment