Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, April 11, 2011

Here is Ayu-Dag, Bear Mountain, located on the southern coast of Crimea.  (Crimea is a is a sub-national unit, an autonomous republick of Ukraine.)  It is called 'Bear Mountain' because it looks like a bear drinking from the water of the Black Sea.  The legend says the Bear loved a girl who loved a boy and went to sail away with the boy, so Bear is trying to drink all the water so as to keep the girl from leaving.  Awwww... poor Bear.  (UA-91496)



The famous Sydney Opera House colorfully dressed up!  (AU-130006)



Private swap from Latvia - my friend was lucky enough to travel to Amsterdam and see all the wonderful sites!  I'm fantastically jealous!  She sent it in this wonderful Dutch-looking tissue bag paper which I am amazed held together in the face of the rough and tumble postal services.  Really cool.   



I never mentioned it but I am a HUGE Beatles fan.  Huge.  I have every Beatles album.  I know every Beatles song.  And John Lennon is my favorite Beatle.  All you need is love, baby!  I love this lovely homemade card from Finland!  (FI-1063611)  That's one of those super cool lenticular stamps from Finland and it refused to be scanned, so looks like a dark piece of plastic.  :o(  Trust me, it's cool, the snowboarder.



Have fun!
~Ang~

No comments:

Post a Comment